I wanted to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you that has called, emailed, blogged, facebook’d and commented on our blog with the sudden passing of my dear sweet Fred.

The support, prayers, and love has been amazing and I never knew that my stories of Fred touched so many people.

Fred can finally rest and relax and I know that he was greeted with many angels up there to show him the ropes.

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.

Kari, Scott and Haylie.

57 comments

1. Khyra and Her Mom says:

I’m sure he’s trakhked to all the bestest sniffin’ spots!

We were honoured to have him along in spirit on Sunday – I know Jack, Boo, and Ken appreciated his presence!

Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

2. houndgirl says:

I cant thank you enough for doing the Sunday run in his honor it meant so much and I know that he was proud to be there. I loved that hack was a long eared hound, its like it was meant to be. I started crying when I was looking at all the pictures, so I hope in a few days to go back and be able to look at all of them. You and your mom have really touched my heart.

3. The OP Pack says:

We only wish we could do more. It takes time to heal, let the memories of your sweet boy guide you through it.

Hugs and Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning and Mom

4. Gloria says:

So sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet baby. Oh my, it is always so sad to hear news like this. I know you were so blessed to have him in your lives. So were all of us who followed him. May you only have the sweetest of memories right now.

5. we three doxies says:

As you already know… I was heartbroken, crushed, and every other word that I can;t think of right now to hear of Fred’s passing. He was incredible, hilarious, and beautiful…and god how I am going to miss him and his crazy self.
    Even though we will miss him deeply and more than words could ever say… he is at peace and he is happy. Fred will always have a special place in our hearts.
    Kari, Scott and Haylie we are all thinking of you all during this difficult time and we are here for you.

Rest sweet Fred until we meet again. We love you.

Puddles and family

6. HoundDogMom (Sherri) says:

Kari, Scott & Haylie, we continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We know this has been a very difficult time for you and I sure wish there was more I could do take your pain away. I found your blog after my bloodhound Tabby passed away and Fred immediately touched my heart. I do believe they were brother and sisters from other mothers for sure. I can just hear the two of them baying at the moon. I appreciated you taking the time to message me about Fred because I know that had to be hard for you. You and Scott are awesome people and did everything in the world for Fred to make him happy hound. And from his stories he was a very happy hound and spoiled. I hope Haylie is doing okay with loosing her best buddy, give her some snuggles for me.

Kari, take your time on healing. We in blogville will be hear for you when you are ready. I know it took me months to be able to go back and read some of the posts/comments about Cleo but they were very comforting when I did get around to it. Blogville is amazing and we stand and support each other.

Love, ya
    Sherri (HoundDogMom and The HoundDogs)

P.S…Is their a place that I could make a memorial donation in Honor of Fred. Wasn’t sure if you have a special organization that you would like it sent to. Just let me know when you get some time and feel up to it.

7. Amber DaWeenie says:

Losing Fred is like losing one of our bestest furiends. Butt we take comfort knowing he is safe and healthy at the Bridge.

Fred will always be remembered in the hearts of all who loved him.

Again, we’re very sorry for your loss.

8. Brent says:

Kari,

We are all thinking about you today. The web is not quite the same without him already :(

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

9. Minnie and Mack says:

We continue to have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers along with puggie juju coming you way.

Fred will surely be missed in Blogville, we just wished we could have met him in the fur.

Minnie and Mack and hu-mom Kathy

10. Doreen @doggiesandstuff says:

Kari – Take as much time as you need. We will all be here if you need us. I know that this is not easy – I’ve been there. Nothing any of us say will make you feel better but we offer our support and love regardless. Losing a pet unexpectedly is so hard and I know that Fred meant the world to you. I am sure he was greeted by all of our pets as he made his way across the bridge – he is not alone and he knows that you did everything you could. He is no longer suffering. We heart you.
    Doreen and The Gang at DoggiesandStuff

11. Heartbeats says:

Fred’s antics kept us laughing. And the fact that he often made you want to pull out your hair was pretty funny too! I bet you all have some great memories. I’m glad you and your family are at peace or at least on the path- all things considered. Best of all Fred is comfortable again and can track and bay with no worries of the terrible seizure monster.

Mamma Heartbeat

12. Random Felines says:

Sorry just doesn’t seem to cover it……we know he is pain and seizure free, but we also know how much he is missed. from now on, every bloodhound transport will be an honorary “fred”. :)

13. Jodi says:

OMD, I’m so, so sorry. I did not find out about Fred until I clicked your link. I had no idea and I know you must be heartbroken. Please know I am thinking about you all in this heartbreaking time.

I did find such enjoyment in Fred’s stories and such inspiration of hope with all you did for Fred when he became ill.

Run Fast, Run Free Fred, you are loved and will be missed. xoxo

14. gMarie says:

Kari – I was so sorry to hear about the loss of Fred. He was a beautiful boy and very lucky to have found you. Take care of yourself as you mourn. g

15. Dr. Liz says:

We have a special place in our hearts for pets who excel at the Ignore Your Owner trick; TaiChi was a master of that one, and while I love all our kids, I truly love the ‘rebels’. Fred will be sorely missed – we think of you (and his floppy ears) often.

*hugs*
    -Dr. Liz and Family

16. mayziegal says:

Our hearts are still so sad that sweet Fred had to go to the Bridge. But I KNOW that he is having the best time sniffing all sorts of wonderful stuff and not worrying about the evil seizure monster anymore. I know it’s super hard to say good-bye but he knows that you love him so and he’ll be your guardian angel-dog from now on. I’m wishing you peace and hoping that someday soon your tears turn into smiles whenever you think of him.

Gentle wiggles & wags,
    Mayzie

17. Chan says:

Big hugs. Heck, I had to stop reading because I’m at work and almost misty… I’m sure by now your Fred has found my Fred and they’re turning the other side of the Bridge on its ear!

18. rottrover says:

Please take the time you need to grieve. It’s a long process. Like Sherri, it was only recently that I could go back and re-read all the lovely comments left for us after Gizmo went to the Bridge. Please take care of yourself and each other.

Bart, Ruby and Lisa

19. caren gittleman says:

Kari and family,
    We were completely devastated to learn of the news of Fred’s crossing the bridge from a few other blogs that we follow.
    We were shocked, saddened, our hearts fell to our knees.
    We didn’t know him as well as many others who read your blog but from the times that we did visit he completely captured our hearts.
    He was an incredibly brave, strong and loving dog and to have those qualities shine so brightly to those like myself who DIDN’T know him well, I can only imagine what he was like to those who DID!
    He will be deeply missed.
    Our hearts go out to you in love and our most heartfelt sympathy.
    Love, Caren, Dakota and Cody

20. Kelly Ann T. says:

So sorry for your loss. Letting go is truly the hardest and best thing we can do for them when it is time. I hope your memories bring you peace.
    Sincerely,
    Kelly

21. houndstooth says:

I was stunned when I read the news. It’s still hard to believe, and I know it must be for you, too! I still feel the loss of the dogs we’ve had who have passed, and the feeling is bittersweet. We’ve been thinking about you! I know it’s tough, no matter what kind words people say. Fred lived a fantastic life with you that all dogs should have!

22. FiveSibesMom says:

I was so very sad and sorry to learn of Fred’s seizures and his crossing the Bridge through Facebook postings. My heartfelt condolences to you, Kari, and your family. I’ve dedicated today’s blog post to Fred (http://fivesibes.blogspot.com/2012/04/newsy-tuesday-tribute-to-fellow-epi-dog.html) and included that beautiful photo of him from the Canine Epilepsy Awareness video you had sent me. Run seizure-free beyond the Rainbow Bridge, handsome Fred. Sending hugs to you Kari.

23. tweedles says:

We wrap our arms and paws around you with love.
    Fred was greeted by so many friends- and he is licking the angels faces.
    love
    tweedles

24. Karen Jo says:

I didn’t know Fred, but I read about his passing on Jan’s Funny Farm and came over to say how sorry I am that you lost your dear dog. (((Hugs))) from me and comforting purrs from Herman

25. Roo says:

Bless his soul. We can see him running pain free with his pals across the bridge right now. Big smile on his face :)

We love you Hound Girl!
    Roo and Mom

26. Carol says:

So sorry to hear of Fred’s passing. I hope and pray one day they will find a cure for epilepsy. So glad Fred is loved and one day you will be with him again.

Carol

27. Frankie Furter and Ernie says:

I am just so very much sad to hear this.

Run FREE and FAST my furend FRED. Til we meet again.

28. FiveSibesMom says:

Hi…we are just popping by to see if you’d like to include your beautiful Fred’s story in my upcoming books on Epi-dogs? Drop me a line at FiveSibes(at)gmail(dot)com. I’d love to “chat” with you about it!